View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The tough part is that if somebody is spending that kind of coin, they're going to want to customize features. That might render the whole idea a non-starter.
But for the sake of optimistic conversation, here's some thoughts:

1) build your CAD model based on tube centerline and sized for 2" primaries. Then it would be possible to re-size to 1-7/8 or 1-3/4 without starting over.

2) build your model with the first few inches of primary tube as a separate entity that could be flip-flopped between d-port and round port (same interface to the downstream primaries).

3) design a welding fixture that is so well thought (locating blocks, tube clamps, etc) out that a good kid out of vocational school welding class could put a set together in a couple hours. (they're out there. We had one working on our funny car team)

These might be my latest bad ideas, but I hope this helps and I hope you pursue it.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”