View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 06:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to nhcd538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
If this is NOT the original engine make sure that the pilot bearing fits into the rear of the crankshaft. Some Pontiac engines that came with automatic transmissions never had the crank drilled for one. Good luck.
Oh man that worries me. I know the engine in the car now is NOT the original and I have no idea what it's out of or if the crank is drilled for a pilot bearing. This was my brother's car and he passed away - I have no way of knowing what's there without pulling the TH400 and looking. What a colossal waste of time if it's not drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
Make sure your clutch disc matches the input shaft spline of the trans you use. Get trans first then buy a clutch to match.
Is there a particular flywheel I need to spec out, or just look one up for a 67? Did they have different diameter clutches in 67?

Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm assuming if I keep my current driveshaft there will be enough room on the slip to make up for 1/4" difference?

As far as the yoke, what will I need to source? Just a yoke from a manual trans car? What is different about the automatic yoke?

Also, has anyone used this kit or stuff from this company before? I know "OEM is best" and all but this kit would eliminate a lot of headaches for a decent price.

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/pro...bushings/16891

Also thanks for the info on the Muncie. I am currently scouring my local Facebook marketplace for one. They seem pretty common, all of them seem to go for around 850-1200.