View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 01:16 AM

Thanks for the replies.
This car has a distribution block but not a proporting valve. I went through the distribution block when I changed the MC. It was clean as a whistle.

I checked the length of the booster to MC rod by using a little bit of dumb dumb clay on the end of the rod and bolting everything together and I adjusted the rod to have a little under 1/8" of play.

The reason I had to dive into the brakes is because the car started developing a front brake drag that got progressively worse.

At some point, I deduced that the problems cause might have been that the booster to MC adjusting rod, being an adjustable style, might have screwed-out over time causing the MC to not return to its resting position.

This makes sense because when the brakes would drag, I had a very very high pedal that responded immediately with the slightest push.

So when I was adjusting that rod length while installing the new MC, I noticed that there was no resistance in the crimp side of the rod threads and it just turned freely in the threads. So I made a locknut the same diameter of the rod itself and that took care of that.

I did check the MC bore size between the old and new. It was 1".

I just picked up a new set of new rear brake shoes of the same style and brand as the fronts. I'm going to install those soon and see if theres any improvements.