Thread: Tremec TKX
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a TKO which is similar and I can tell you what your dilemma is going to be. The overdrive. The problem is with likely any cam producing 560hp and 3.25 gears, your engine is not going to be all that happy with a .64 OD gear at speeds less than 70mph.

I was okay with my 464, solid lifter cam, 3.73's, .064 OD and a single plane manifold. Switched over to a factory intake and OD was still okay but 1st gear was useless. Put in the OF cam, first gear was useless and OD was a problem. Went to a shorter stroke, retained the OF and put the single plane back on. Now everything is fine except for OD. Added fuel injection and timing control and the car has improved all over but OD is still a little funky.

Bottom line is spend some time on the computer with simulations or calculators to make sure you order one with a gear spread that works for your intended driving.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formula8 For This Useful Post: