Thread: Real ID
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 04:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It always cracks me up that one can expedite the government by paying them more money. Funny how that happens. They suck at their job, have no accountability, don't trust their own documents and take forever to process, but it you slip them more money to do the same job, they can make it happen. Sounds like the Mafia to me.

Took my 82 year old mom to the RMV the other day to downgrade her license (expired last Nov) to a basic Mass ID. Filled out the forms prior to going in, brought required paperwork to prove residency and because shes an immigrant, "lawful presence" paperwork. (like they really care about that!) Not only did we walk out of there after two hours WITHOUT an ID, they wouldn't give back her expired license because it was expired. If her license never expired.....if we did this last Nov prior to her birthday, they would have given her an ID with a signature and $25.

They wont take an expired passport, and they wont take expired licenses....strange considering we had to go through all types of hoops to get those. Its as if those documents never existed.

My mom has been a U.S. citizen since 1968 and driving since 1975. We have pristine naturalization paperwork with her picture on it, yet they couldn't verify it. They couldn't get in touch with anyone at the verifying agency to authenticate it either. Their answer? Come back to the RMV if and when the letter comes verifying that document. So another day off, another time gathering up my poor mom and dragging her to the Registry to prove whats been true since 1968. Ludicrous.

The State pretends to want to get this right. They make you go through all these channels, bring in all these verifying official documents, and then turn you away at the window due to their incompetence. Yet illegal immigrants in MA can get drivers licenses.

Like everything else these days, they make it so hard on those that follow the rules, you might as well just break'em to make your life easier.

Clown world indeed.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 73LeMans For This Useful Post: