Thread: Real ID
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got my new CDL class A drivers license in January 2022, mine is real ID, and was rather painless to get. I just looked at the required documents they listed, and brought them to the BMV deputy registrars office, which isn't run by the state, it's a local business that operates similar to a franchise, and is independently owned. Maybe that's why it was painless, because the owner wants repeat business, there isn't a state government lock on it, where you have to deal with state employees. We do have state run offices also, but I choose not to deal with those offices, if I can get around it.

Because I was 69 last time I renewed, I cannot get an 8 year license, I have to have eye tests every 4 years now. I guess they frown on half blind people having driver licenses, but that's a good thing......

Unfortunately it's true, with no competition, a monopoly will usually have poor service, because they're the only game in town. They know they can have crappy employees that don't give a damn, and have in most cases a union to keep them employed, no matter how many complaints they have lodged against them.

When I lived in PA, in most cases you were compelled to deal with state employees, and in most cases, it was not a good thing.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated