View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The late model forums are still hosted by PY, and not Ames, is my understanding of why they are separated. PY makes, and sells the late model restoration pieces, Ames doesn't have anything to do with the late model parts.

I could be wrong about this, but someone from C Cass company can correct me if I have the wrong information.

I own late model performance Pontiacs, and have since 1981, I also own Stratostreak powered cars. I enjoy both types of these Pontiacs. I'm not one of the naysayers that believes that Pontiac ceased to exist in 1982 when, they brought the first performance Pontiac to market with a corporate V8 in it.

I owned a 81 Bonneville with a 5.7 diesel in it, and a ton of newer Pontiacs with all different engines in them. Fieros, Grand Prixs, Vibe, SSE Bonnevilles, 4th gen Trans Ams, late model GTO. I still only drive Pontiacs, because I like the way they feel. The engine is secondary for a transportation car, but the feel that Pontiacs have, isn't the same as other GM cars, even with the same chassis. As my signature says, "100% Pontiacs in my driveway". My race cars have always had Stratostreak engines in them, that is steadfast rule, that anything race oriented, will have a Stratostreak engine in it. I'm not driving a ford, mopar. or anything from Japan, I'm still driving Pontiacs, some with Stratostreak engines, some with corporate engines. the registration, and the titles still say Pontiac on them.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: