View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 10:50 AM

Default FI Intake Manifold options - anything beyond single/dual plane that is not custom?

I'll apologize for such a basic question in advance.
The plan is to put a Holley FI system using port injection in my '71 Firebird (using a Formula hood). Needless to say this has a huge constraint (hood clearance).
R 70 Judge's build is a tremendous inspiration.

Off-the-shelf (if in stock) manifold options with injector bungs seem to be Speedmaster Shootout, Edelbrock Torker II and Super Victor. It appears that Holley does not market a ready to use Pontiac port injected manifold. Likely the Victor would not clear the hood (looking at the same references that R 70 Judge has).

Is semi- custom (such as R 70 Judge is doing) or full custom ($$$$) the only other paths?
I realize an engine that stopped production nearly 50 years ago isn't going to have the choices that an LS has, but did I miss any options?

Intake design is way above my paygrade, is a traditional manifold (single/dual plane) inherently inferior to a more modern design, both being port injected (i.e. dry flow) ? [What term should be used for a modern style [LS] from traditional?]
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to KenB For This Useful Post: