View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimib View Post
Good suggestions here (thanks to all). I had trouble following Holley tech support’s lingo, but I have a starting point; fuel and/or pump issues.

When the engine was running, the fuel gauge next to the throttle body read 100 PSI; should be 60 PSI according to Holley. When the ignition was in “ON” position (engine not running), fuel gauge read 15 PSI. Now; after numerous starts & stops, fuel gauge reads “zero” in the “ON” and “CRANK” position and of course will not start.

This entire EFI setup is new (as in weeks) including the gas tank and fuel pump (located in the tank). I could look for an obstruction in the fuel lines/filter, but if gauge reading zero while in CRANK or ON position, seems to me the fuel pump has failed.

Holley has a helpful flow sheet for fuel issues (https://documents.holley.com/199r11369.pdf).
As you said, fuel pressure should be 60. There's a fuel pressure regulator that's built into the Sniper, but from what I understand, they're prone to failure (or they had a run of bad regulators). You can replace it easy enough with a new unit from Holley, or just remove it and run an external regulator. But it sounds like you may also have a fuel pump issue. Check the wiring to the pump (power & ground). If the wiring looks good, you can see if the pump runs when you send power to it directly (disconnect the blue wire from the Sniper harness to the pump first). I'm not an expert, but this is what I would do based on my limited experience.