View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a Butler/Ross all forged rotation assembly. I have the Edelbrock round port heads and everything is studded. The first iteration cracked the lifter bores on the number 2 cylinder. The 2nd engine had a pinhole in one of the cylinder and the block has now been sleeved. That will be my only concern as I know anything can happen but I have faith in my rotating assembly. So many people have blasted my engine "blow ups". The first one was TOTALLY my fault despite what a few people have said. That SOB revved to the damn moon before I even knew what had happened. I think you would be hard pressed to find any street build that could have survived it without really high end lifters and bore braces and all that. This engine failure was a fluke. My machinist was incredibly supportive and even though he has no obligation he took it back and is repairing it as a free job. All new bearings and gaskets and sleeve etc. Basically a total rebuild again reusing only my crank rods and pistons. I cant really complain about that. The only thing I can complain about is his speed which I understand is being done on nights and weekends cause its not a paying job.