View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood82d View Post
Definitely! The original owner swapped the 400 out with a Pontiac 428 that we still have and are getting bored out and stroked. We’re redoing the stripes, lettering, and decals with a few small adjustments, but we’re going to make it as close to what it looked like on the drag strip back in the day. It still has the ladder bars, but I am most likely opting to replace the 4.56 rear end with a 3.73 for driveability’s sake. Excitement doesn’t begin to describe how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have actually seen this car in action. Your father used to drive down Route 17 and turn around at Crystal Lanes and then rip by my house. It was a very intimidating car. I think it was around the mid '80's I saw the car and the motor was already out at that point and then years later I talked to your father asking how the car was doing and he said his son was very interested and it would go to him to get it back on the road again. So glad to see you plan to keep it like it was in the old days. I drive by that garage all the time hoping to see the door open. It's nice knowing your father's plan is working out like he wanted. Hoping it will stay local so I might see it on the streets again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paul For This Useful Post: