View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Just a quick question, do you have the small water pump pulley to overdrive the waterpump? Not only does that speed up coolant flow, and increases fan speed, it pressurizes the system after the water pump to help eliminate steam pockets in the upper recesses of the water jackets. It was a HD cooling, as well as an A/C factory change.

And one other option is to do the 421 modification that opens a blind hole in the cylinder heads to improve water circulation. Done by the factory back in the mid 60s to factory 421 engines to help with steam pockets. The factory hole in most engines was not drilled when the blocks were machined, but drilling it out helps aleviate heat buildup. If you lay a head gasket on the block, and head, the hole is in the gasket, but never drilled by Pontiac. Of course this isn't an easy modification to make, simply because it requires engine disassembly to execute.
That's a good question. Mine is a 2-groove and measures ~7" dia. I did a quick search and all of the pulleys I see are the same as mine for the short snout WP. I would think that I would need an offset pulley with a 7" dia for the power steering and a smaller for the fan? Anyway, I will look into this further.