View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont have an answer on whats causing the rise in temps... but from what ive read on here & elsewhere over the years, AC will raise temps 20-30°, I dont think that is excessive if thats what yours is doing.

But also remember these cars came with 195 T stats, that would run at about the same as you mentioned on the gauge with the AC off, between the first line & the middle one that says 220, with the AC on stock Tstats would easily let the engine run at 200-210+. So I think you are well within the range of how these cars with AC were designed to run.

Lots of threads on here about guys thinking their car is overheating because it hits 190 or 200, that temp wont cause any engine damage & is not cause for alarm if you hit that on a hot day in florida weather.... now the cars running in 75f temps that get to ~200 with no AC on or while cruising along there may be some things to address for better temps but still not causing any damage.

Hope you can get the temp to where youre more happy with it, but where its at now is not an issue, thats where these cars ran on hot days with the AC on.