View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
I'm confused. Are you referring to the hydraulic throw out bearing as the slave cylinder ? Can you not get someone to activate the clutch pedal and watch through the hole in the bell housing to see what the bearing is doing? I have a hydraulic clutch setup from American power train. When I first install the kit, the M/C lasted about a month before it started leaking. I replace with a better M/C from Wilwood and I make a bracket to support the push rod on the M/C . it's been like 2 years ago. So far, no leaks.
If the M/C bypasses fluid it will leak fluid out through the push rod location. Sounds like maybe you just need to re-shim your hydraulic bearing due to clutch wear, or your clutch is worn out.
Yes, hyd throw out bearing as the slave.
The master I replaced was a Wilwood and I replaced it with another.
The old master was not leaking and neither is the new one. The are no visible leaks in the system anywhere.
After I waste a bit more fluid fruitlessly bleeding it again, it seems to me anything else that could be done will require removing the transmission, no matter what the problem is. When that happens I'll either go manual clutch operation and a new clutch etc or replace the the hydraulic throw out bearing and a new clutch. Partially worn parts will not be reinstalled.

It did occur to me that the hose from the master to the slave could have collapsed inside, similar to a brake hose. I don't know it that's possible? The lower section of the hose is actually a metal tube, but the upper is woven stainless outside with some sort of lining inside. It all looks good from the outside and fluid had no issue dropping down to the bleeder, just outside the bellhousing.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 10-20-2023 at 10:23 AM.