View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Thanks Willy, I think it's probably right. That part number is what they used for 79 TA. 78 has a different part number listed, but I've never seen it in use. I can't think of any particular difference to require a new part number either. An original owner could possibly tell if still had original or noted the change. But I have no clue other than reading parts listings. I searched plenty of original photos but are unreadable or mostly missing. I see John W's W72 page mentions 5 different assemblies over the 3yrs, not 4, but no explanation on those and still avoid the 78 TA part number. I don't know what that means, an extra, not used, early change, typo, no idea. An original is best proof. Unfortunately so many online ads are incorrect or use one photo for several and spreads confusion to the next that takes it as fact. Even if the part numbers and codes mean nothing to a buyer, the filter element listed should be of interest if different to theirs, and wonder why.

I see you said your original, you were able to confirm it had the same part number, not just PJ code? Seems to be correct, just leaves more unanswered.