View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think this particular tool is being VERY cautious about accuracy to avoid copyright issues.

In other words, I don't expect MSFT Image Creator will ever provide an accurate rendition of anything. It appears the distortion is intentional.

As others have noted, ownership of digital images is a big deal and an automated image generator isn't going to risk uploading anyone's copyrighted image. Nor is it going to allow the tool to hurt anyone. For example, it won't allow you to create a negative image targeting a specific product or company. Ask me how I know...

It also won't generate violent images, which is great, but also a little silly considering the amount of graphic violence that has been sold for decades on game systems. I asked it to generate an image of a GTO dropping onto a WalMart and it said I was violating policy (presumably violence, but maybe also about targeting a specific business??)

The "underlying" tool that MSFT sells and is promoting with this freebie "Image Creator" is "Microsoft Designer". I haven't messed with it. Nor will I, as I am not a digital artist. If I was, I'm sure there are lots of powerful tools out there that would allow creation of highly detailed and accurate images.

Image Creator says it is based on, or uses, something called DALL-E. Perhaps DALL-E is software that would allow creation of an image around an uploaded photo or could be taught what images are OK to use for automated image generation ??? I dunno....

Net for me: Image Creator is a fun tool to generate creative images FAST without doing any work at all and a demonstration of how well software can interpret speech to create art.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post: