View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limejudge69 View Post
The lube tech at any automotive related business is most often the least experienced, and lowest paid, of any position the shop. The result of that is overfilled, underfilled, wrong oil weight, stripped drain plugs, incorrect/loose/overtightened filters, etc. Drain, refill to the correct level per the mfg, and see what you have
This is so true! I worked in parts at a Dodge dealership for 20 years and saw so many oil lube guys come and go. Most all were incapable of doing a simple oil change correctly and I saw so many issues from them it was comical at times. They NEVER would check the dipstick before or after an oil change, only pump in what they thought it needed, and a lot of the time they did not even know the correct weight and capacity recommendations each engine took. Our dealership had to replace countless engines due to personnel issues at the oil change position. We even had a couple of lube techs would stash the oil filters in his tool box and never replace the filter! I would never trust any dealer or quick oil change place to ever change my oil, in my whole life I am the only one who has ever changed my own oil. And guess what, after over 56 years of driving I have never had a crossed or stripped oil plug, double gasketed filter, wrong oil type or qty issue ever. When I get too old to change my own oil, I guess it is time to quit driving or buy a Tesla!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis H. For This Useful Post: