View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll toss out a few oddball things I thought about.

1) For years I wanted to build a 73 SD455 4-spd a/c clone. I have a super solid 73 T/A with tan interior and many options. My plan in retirement was to rebuild it with an original SD engine, and upgrade the suspension and drivetrain. Perhaps fuel injection (selling the original carb would more than pay for that). Adding a OD manual, etc. Not sure what plans are, but they will happen soon.

2) The car I miss the most was a 64 Buick Riviera dual quad car. Been looking for one of those for a while, not hard, just looking.

3) One of my favorite all-time drivers was a 73 Grand Am 455 car. Great ride, comfortable, handled well. I would convert it to 4-spd and modernize with EFI and OD, make it a touring car.

4) I already got one of my retirement cars. I bought a Sky redline 5-spd manual with 60K miles. Love the open air.

5) I also bought this car, a Sunset Orange 02 WS6 convertible, low mileage 6-spd manual. I am having trouble because the seats are not comfortable with my hip condition. May end up getting rid of that.

You have to declde what you see yourself in. Is it a comfortable touring car you can see the country and haul enough luggage for the trip? Is it something you can haul the grandkids around in around town? Is it a cool car to take to the cruise-ins or car shows on summer weekends?