View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default subframe mount kits (differences?)

Hey!

I have some parts that belong to a local;
I am doing him a favor by (storing &) selling them on his behalf.

I have a subframe mount kit here, and I'm not sure what to make of it versus the kits currently being offered.

This kit was bought in 1990 and the package says it's from 'California Classic Chevy Parts';
It's part number C37, and lists the application as being 1967-1975.

I can see that Ames offers a kit #FS751 that has the same application range and retails for $39;
Ames also lists a "more correct" kit marketed as being 70-72;
That kit is part #FS752 and retails for $99 (a $60 up charge from the 67-75 kit).

I was wondering if anyone might by chance be able to offer a real world difference between the two Ames kits;
OR
If they anyone was familiar with the (now thirty year old) California Classic Chevy Parts kit?

Incidentally this gent paid $80(cnd) thirty years ago for this kit;
I am guessing a part of the high price, was because this was one of few companies which offered this kit at the time.

I want to offer to buy this kit from the gent (I'm going to come off cheap here), but don't want to pay $80 - unless there's something to look for about this kit, which might suggest it's current contemporary would be the "correct" 70-72 kit.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to offer any assistance.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)