View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Just in case this filter mess isn't complicated enough, I can throw another wrench in the mix for you. I have verified that NAPA Gold filters are no longer being made exclusively by WIX.MANN/HUMMELL. NAPA has contracted with https://premiumguard.com/ to produce some of their NAPA Gold branded filters. This is due to the ever escalating price increases from WIX and their inability to supply NAPA with certain product in a timely manner. I have no idea of the quality of the Premium Guard brand. They have been in business over 30 years with some USA manufacturing and a plant in Ohio. Check their web site. So in somewhat of a summary, NAPA filters could be manufactured by: WIX/MANN/HUMMELL. , Premium Guard Brands/ Champion Brands. Good luck guys.
I think I said basically the same thing back in post #48, and was accused of spewing "NOT TRUE" information.

Post # 48:

Quote:
It's been posted here before that WIX no longer makes the majority of NAPA filters as they have in the past 50 years. WIX was bought out by Mann/Hummel, a Geman manufacturer, that sources almost all their filters globally.

Some of the You tube warriors, that dissect filters on their videos have shown that some of the new filters from H/M are not of the same quality, or construction, as the older versions were. Previously the same last 4 numbers of WIX and NAPA filters were identical inside, that has changed.

Formerly if you couldn't get a WIX part, the NAPA version was identical, no longer the case

The best thing is for me, my oil filter elements are still under $1, are still made by the same people, same quality, and are made in the US. They also filter down to 2 microns. Currently 48 filter elements for $32.99 on Amazon.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated