View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 04:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think that's outstanding. As you probably discovered, features like that depression that holds the cable can be a real pain. There are parts where a feature like that will take 90% of the time to create the whole part.

And you can see how a blue print of the part would speed things up tremendously. I spend a ton of time trying to figure out the actual dimensions of things. I tired very quickly of going downstairs to the shop and removing the car cover every time. Can't wait to start working from the 69 assembly manual which includes a lot of dimensions.

When it comes to scans, for irregular parts I'm sure it would be a great help. But often the output can require a LOT of massaging to get it into usable condition to print. There is a lot of difference between the "Mesh" world, and the Solid Body world.

Scanner would have really helped on that intake. I've been avoiding going down and measuring the rise .. I know my model intake is not high enough ... and I have a bad feeling I'll have to rework the entire thing to correct it.

Like most models this GTO will require some "post processing" by the model builder, some trimming, some painting. I figured the carb could be printed in silver and then washed with some gold model paint.