View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It has a lot to do with the climate you live in. When I lived in Ohio it wasn't uncommon to run tires for several years without issue, and I rarely ever saw blowouts on the side of the road. I really never worried about it. In fact nearly 30 years of driving out there and I never had a blowout.

Moved to Arizona, different deal. Had a few blowouts here already. Out here if you have tires that last more than 5-6 years you're lucky, and blowouts on the side of the road are a regular occurrence in the summer time here. Usually see 2-3 per week on the side of the highway.

I think with the 100+ temps, constant UV rays, and black top that's 150+ degrees it's just much harder on the tires. They just blow out without warning.
Had a front tire blowout on my truck at 70 mph that did $3200 damage and those prices were 10 years ago.

These days, for me it's just not worth the risk, especially on an expensive classic car. After 5-6 years they get replaced. In fact I have a couple cars now that I'm looking at putting new tires on just because of age.

Up to you guys if you want to roll the dice. I know Arizonan's will tell ya to replace the tires LOL

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: