View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Do you know of any aftermarket block serious effort builds running a BHJ ?
I would have no problem running one if other guys are having success with them.
Some in the 800-900 HP level NA. I'm not a harmonic damper
expert. In fact most of the time I refer to them as a balancer. At one point 100% of the cars running at Daytona used an ATI damper. That's a heckuva an endorsement. I've talked with several "experts" in the field that consider the BHJ every bit as good as an ATI damper. I like to keep things simple. If it's a high end build we use an ATI unless the guy needs a four bolt arrangement for some reason. The we use a clear coated BHJ. I believe Innovators West makes a damper that would work equally as well.

On a side note, JMO but one thing that probably kept a few of their dampers out of the race at Daytona was an issue they had with the outer ring slipping on the hub and the fact it took them a while to realize there was a problem. We went through several that spun the outer ring along with many others. BHJ was unhelpful in finding a solution to the problem. A lot of finger pointing was done, including them saying the spinning was due to excessive heat caused by spraying engines on the Dyno. Eventually the problem was corrected but I'm sure several folks that were left with a sour taste in their mouth. I know people that have not used a BHJ damper since.