View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a case by case basis as to which setup I'd pick, and sometimes certain circumstances dictate the decision. There are instances where running a stock fuel system is required (pure stock drags for instance) which is what I have my bird setup for. That's not an easy task and to be honest, even those cars, including my bird, would benefit from a better fuel system, even at near stock HP levels. In fact I plan to experiment that realm in the future with an in tank setup on that car, and I'm betting, even though the car shows no fuel delivery issues now, it'll pick up 3-4 tenths and a few mph. I've been down that road before with another car and it's just a reality that most people won't even realize until they make the switch.

There are also cars that I can't or won't run anything but the OEM fuel system on for different reasons. The biggest difference is that these types of cars probably won't see the dragstrip on a regular basis anyway, and they aren't the type of cars you'd want to modify in that way.

I will say, if you plan on having fun at the dragstrip and it starts to become even just a semi regular thing, even if just once or twice a year, and the car was more of a fun street hot rod type of deal, I'd go straight for an in tank pump and stop fooling around with anything that even remotely resembles a factory setup.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: