View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
What's the advantage of Del-alum over polyurethane? Less squeaking and binding? I suspect the rear suspension in my car is binding over bumps because it feels very rigid over bumps. I could probably make it better by regreasing the bushings, but since I'll have it apart...

I'm also looking at UMI's kit which looks comparable to Global West's. However, it sounds like Moser rear ends have thicker mounts for the upper bushings since Global West offers a specific bushing for them. Not sure if UMI does the same.

https://www.umiperformance.com/home/...uspension-kit/
In the rear…no advantage, to being a detriment, if the knock on poly is to be believed. Poly will at least give a little…delalum will give none.

The range of motion of the rear arms, at the axle and frame, call for something that “gives”. Rubber will…poly a little, the spherical types of bushings a lot. I have the hotchkiss versions, axle captured between two really high durometer plastic halves.

I’m in the minority, I’m a fan of poly, but I also know where it’s best utilized. At least I think I do…