View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:00 PM

My daily driver is a 2006 Cadillac STS-V, equipped from the factory with Brembos. The calipers are HUGE. The car has standard (read: no holes) rotors. I got tired of trying to keep my wheels clean and switched to ceramic pads.

I didn't do it myself (lack of time). I've also been away from doing my own mechanical work for some time, so I had no idea how hard it had/has become to find places to cut rotors. I specifically told the shop that I wanted the rotors resurfaced before switching from metallic to ceramic pads. They did not. As a result, the squeak drives me nuts. At the next pad change, I will be sure to do them myself and resurface the rotors.

So, bottom line, I can wholeheartedly recommend Brembo pads, but if switching from metallic to ceramic, scuffing the rotors is really required.

(And the difference in keeping the wheels clean with ceramic vs metallic is truly amazing; I literally just wash the wheels with car wash and a sponge.)

In years past, I never had a problem (on other cars) with Raybestos. This is my first experience with Brembo.

HTH

'63 Bonneville Convertible
'56 Safari
'82 Firebird SE