View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To own a classic car and maintain it requres disposable income, with the job market, and inflation the way it currently is there aren't an overabundance of younger people that can afford a down payment on a home, let alone have anything left over to spend on a hobby car.

Unless the US economy changes drastically, I don't see the younger generation being able to entertain a rather expensive hobby such as hobby car, or race dedicated cars.

I have my old home under a land contract, rent to own, and my tennant can't afford a mortgage, plus his credit record isn't perfect. He has a good paying job, but credit is really tight now, I've seen it first hand with the inability to secure a mortgage. He and his family can't live in a classic car, so securing a place to live is much more important than spending a ton on a classic car, or even a tricked out 4X4.

He's in his late 30s, with 2 kids, so he's an average Joe. He does like 4X4 trucks, and is talented enough to spin wrenches on his own stuff, so he could do the work, but just doesn't have money leftover to afford the hobby.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: