View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:10 AM
Senior Chief

There’s a lot of us here in their 30 & 40s . My nephews love my GTO . A young lady mayb early 20’s came up to get a picture of it when I was getting gas and just ask what it was ! Young people are interested but as pointed out , they are priced out . When I got my license around 1994 , it was already a tough hobby to get into . The days of finding a GTO or a SD on a lot were already long gone . We didn’t have access to cool parts over the counter . The older crowd that did in the 70s wasn’t a very receptive bunch and many still aren’t . They didn’t share info , answer questions and shared 0 interest in whatever little project you had managed to get your hands on because they all had the cool stuff . Our local track , Edgewater in Cincinnati was full of perfectly good shoebox , SS cars , real Z’s etc. that older guys had for what ever reason , CUT UP and turned into bracket cars . WHY lol when the Japanese cars showed up on the scene , the older wrenchers really made themselves look bad with their attitudes . It was like “ our cars , our music , our hobby “ attitude . Lots of younger guys avoided the track and cruise ins in turn . Even playing some newer music at these events helps ! Lol