View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've struggled to get my front brakes working well. I changed the pads to AC Delco Gold, then my car guy put some Hawk pads on it (don't know which ones), then I went to Wilwood calipers with new Wilwood braided steel lines and the Wilwood pads that came with the calipers. None of those combos stopped the car well at all. Couldn't even lock the front wheels with max effort. So my guy went through the whole system and couldn't find anything wrong. He said the stock rotors looked in great shape. So he just put some new EBC Yellow Stuff pads on it. EBC doesn't recommend a bedding procedure for those pads if used for street driving. They come with a coating that is supposed to auto-bed them in the first 100-200 miles of "normal driving". There is a bedding procedure that's recommended for track use. So I haven't done any bedding, just normal driving. Right now I have about 100 miles on them and so far they feel much better than anything previous. I haven't tried to lock the wheels or do a mock panic stop yet, but these feel like they're gonna do the trick. I hope.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share