View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecosbill View Post
That will be right much easier to raise and lower than the original style, too. Did you use those clips in the pic you posted to tie your wiring down?
The clips on the floor are still in place and I plane to keep them there. The universal antenna needs a constant power wire and a switched power to raise so I was going to use the same wires and just leave them in place. I have a 2 connector plug I will pin out and use in the trunk area. The wires are just laying in the trunk. No clip that I see for the wires.

Here are some more pics that I have.

The original end for the antenna. This was the worst 50 ohm coax I have ever seen. Not a very good shield and the center conductor was the most tiny tin lead I have ever seen. I got some better coax at work.

Here is the factory plug, In the background you can see the antenna mount.

I don't know what this is? I would guess that it was just to plug the hole. I did use a couple of pieces from it on the universal antenna that fit better.

The elcheapo antenna from ebay. I got it for around $20. Our vendor sells the same thing for around $70.

Here is the simple mount I made for it and attached with a self tapping screw to the trunk hinge mount. I painted it black and it looks like it belongs there. I don't have any more pics with it mounted. Had planed to take it outside and get some better light but it never happened.