View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default I don't have an exact pic, but here are several from the internet.

The PCV fitting is tightened until it 'aims' towards the PCV valve (red circles in the pics). There are two different fittings - the squared-off brass one and the rounded-off metal one. I'm pretty sure they were used interchangeably.

Factory hose had the spring clamps on both ends - fitting and PCV valve.

The small fitting (blue circles) had a vacuum hose that went to one side of the thermostatic switch in the air cleaner base. Then there was a hose that went from the other side of the switch to the actuator pod on the air cleaner snorkel. I don't have a pic of this, and in one of the attached pics, the fitting is replaced by a pipe plug.

You can see this smaller vacuum hose on the pic of the 1969 Judge engine. It goes from that smaller fitting to the thermo switch in the ram air shroud base, and then from the switch to the two pods on the hood plate that control which air is directed to the carb, based on engine temps. On your TA, it would be routed in a similar manner, but you should only have one snorkel on the air cleaner for the hose to attach to. There are no clamps on this vacuum hose.

I'm curious where the small hose that Tees into your choke pull off goes to?

I'm presuming your TA is manual transmission, so the only other small hose would be to the distributor vacuum advance can, via the TCS solenoid. That should attach at the rear of the carb (yellow circle in the last pic) where the power brake booster hooks up.

Our TA is a 1974 SD455 so it's an entirely different setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 TA engine.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	578098   Click image for larger version

Name:	1969 judge vacuum hoses engine.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	578099   Click image for larger version

Name:	PCV hose fitting w hose.jpg
Views:	219