View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho60 View Post
Should be a "Jetaway" (Super Hydro) if stock....I would think a turbo 400 would fit wo too much of a problem. Wilcap or Bendtsen makes an adapter for the later transmissions.......probably around $750 just for the adapter. As an aside, at least it's not a roto-rooter. I get the impression that a lot of folks when they think they are having problems w the Super Hydro don't really research how to adjust the linkage as a first attempt at troubleshooting. Don't know if the 57 is the same as the 60 but I would guess that it probably should be....not that difficult to check the linkage adjustment.
Yes, as I said above the first thing I would do is check adjustment. It seems scary and daunting until you realize it's really not.

If the rods are not adjusted right it will want to slip, not shift and just act like it's not going to last much longer.

Also, luckily the 57 was the first year with the availability of wide range of rear end gears and posi. The are still highly sought after by the vintage drag racing guys.