View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goats View Post
I agree on not using those cinder bricks especially on there side. They would be much stronger setting straight up.
Myself I would feel safer with crisscrossed and stacked blocks of 2x4''s screwed together.
Great thread by the way. I have the exact 69 convertible same color combo less air plus hideaway's
Thanks! You are the third guy I've heard from on this forum that has a '69 Liberty Blue/Parchment GTO convertible! Seems pretty incredible for a color that wasn't one of the big sellers.

I got the frame all torn down and ready to start cleaning up:

I did find that the frame needs a bit of attention in a couple of places. The body mount location under the rusted bracket will need to get a small patch. Amazing what a leaking heater core can cause.

Also have some rust under the transmission crossmember mounts. It's gone a little thin and I will need to correct that too. Both sides look about the same.

I'll do the patching before I blast the frame.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO