View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamans71 View Post
I stopped by yesterday morning as I had to run out to Scottsdale early in the AM. I got there around 8:15 ish, it really is a shell of what it once was. There were maybe 45 cars, less I think but I did not actually count. While not a lot of cars there were still a few very high quality cars there including a few Pontiacs. I saw a nice 67 GTO, a mid 70's Grand Prix, and a 67 Firebird. I enjoyed chatting with the Firebird owner for a bit, made the round and was out by 9:30.

I noticed a flyer in one of the cars that said the show would be moving to nights 4pm to 8pm starting in Oct. What I do not understand is why it is days now and nights in winter, honestly makes no sense and I'm sure that is partly to blame for the poor turnout.

Regardless once I get my car back on the road (hopefully later this year) I plan to swing by when I can.
I figured the day thing wouldn't work, there is already too much of that around. I'm sure Cynthia has seen a decline in business too compared to what that used to be.
Besides, evening cruises are where it's at anyway. It needs to go back to evenings and stay there year round. It just makes more sense as people have lives to live and things to get done during the day.
The time limit thing is still lame in my eyes though. I hope she gets a little more laxed about that as time goes on.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE