View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Your systematic approach to the problem will get your results. Your plan to swap modules is a good one. Your plan to continue going down the fuel path is not IMO. You have effectively verified a no-ignition issue when you had no response from starting fluid and cranking the engine. Starting fluid should have produced SOME response, even if the engine would not start. Should have had a jerky, uneven cranking sound, a pop from the intake, brief faster cranking. Something.. If it cranked just the same as with no starting fluid, you have no secondary ignition. To separate primary from secondary ignition issues, you could try cranking with your scan tool on engine data. Most scan tools are fast enough to read RPM's while cranking. If you get 0 rpm's while cranking, the primary ignition is dead. That's back to the crank sensor/wiring. If you read around 100 rpm's, typical cranking speed, the module is not working. I assume you have the 3 separate coil packs. I have never seen all 3 coils fail at once. If however you have Magnavox coil pack,(one coil block with 6 terminals), I have seen that coil block fail and no output from the coil secondary terminals. Actually fairly common. Good luck, I think you are close.