View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 12:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for keeping up the support, guys. I appreciate it greatly.

The main reason I kept suspecting the injectors was no sputtering after the first batch of hyper flammables sprayed into the intake. I really couldn't be sure that I was getting enough vapors in there to do the trick.
After I got the new can of ether which had a powerful spray, I was finally at a point of confidence that I could to go back to the SPARK side of the equation.
Believe me, I do not want to start replacing the injectors if I'm not 100% sure they are faulty.

Brad, thats good feedback on the clogging/cleaning aspect. That will help me make better decisions in the future. I did replace the Crank sensor one year ago, so I'm pretty confident that it should be OK for the time being. I had a positive test result that the ECM was firing a pulse signal to the injectors, so that was tellng me the SYNC signal was being generated.
As for codes and SES lights, I have had none since this whole chapter of issues begain in August. Not a single code has been stored through all of it.

Now on to today.
The first order of business was to swap out the C3I (IGN) module that was new in 2016 for the one I took off back then. I don't know if that one was the factory original or not as I got the car in 2011 with 121,000 miles on it.
I had a hunch it might actually fire up, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high.
Well I'll be dipped, it started up and ran. And unlike the last time I had that module in (OCT 2020), the SES light didn't come on and throw a code 41.
I let it idle for a bit, put it in gear several times to give it a chance to stall from RPM drop, then let it idle until the temperture reached 200. Nothing naughty happened.

So now I'm going to shop for a NEW C3I from either RockAuto or Advance or Oreilly. It depends on who has the best limited lifetime waranty. I'm open for opinions on what brands to avoid and whatnot.
The one I got in 2016 was a BWD. I won't be putting it back on the car, unless I have this same problem again in the future, and nothing else works. That older one that I have on the car now will be labled as a functioning spare and will be kept where I can get my hands on it.