View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Suspended

So its the end of the year my GTO's engine is out going to do some PM work on it. Ive had a pretty good year, got to the semis 3 times and ran my first 7 sec. ET! At Frankenmuth (in september) I broke an wrist pin warming it up for the starting Parade to kick off Autofest (HUGE car show and Cruise), they only pick around a dozen or so cars to be in the Parade! Actually it probably broke the wrist pin at the Pontiac race at Norwalk. I was warming it up (or just crankling it over to start it) for first round of the Q16 on Sunday it locked up..........fluid in the cylinders (SH_T happens, its race car stuff). (back to the Autofest) So i was warming it up for the Parade and it started to make a noise.........DAMN! Took it home after Autofest and tore the engine down to see the broken wrist pin......No.2 cylinder! Well the engine was built by KRE in 2007, so the pistons, wrist pins and block are the original parts from 2007, not bar 12 years old!!! Ive changed rods and Crankshaft since 2007. Guess i should have changed wrist pins........LOL! What cool about the whole thing is my bearings look still NEW (gotta love the GRP aluminum rods in boosted engines), i installed bearings with the new crank in 2018, so that 2 years on the bearings (rods & mains). They will be going back in when I reassemble the engine for next year!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 10-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.