View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
TB1, thanks for posting your experiences! All your viewers appreciate it: I certainly do!

I've been considering the TKX since last fall for my '64 GTO. I'm in the US between DC and Baltimore and have been in touch with Silver Sport, who advertises, I think, over 25 custom shifter adapters. So far, they are my supplier of choice.

I understand that we need to move the transmission crossmember back, but is it still the correct height? I don't want to mess up my pinion angle. Please let us know.

Again, thank you for sharing your upgrade!
Due to me living in Canada I figured better to buy locally if I needed the warranty etc, But the Silversport set up with the side exit shifter would have made this all a direct bolt in I'd consider what I ended up doing is 98% bolt in It didn't require a welder just some time to make the one patch panel.

The trans cross member is moved back I had to drill one new hole on each side, basically the rear hole from the original mounting location becomes the front hole with the TKX or TKO, Pinion angle should not change at all I have been using the lower profile Energy suspension mount part number 3-1158G as I found the stock replacements available were too tall and the yoke would smack the floor with a passenger in the car. I also had to install adjustable upper rear control arms to dial in the pinion angle after lowering my car as wheel hop was pretty bad with the 4 speed I had previously. but I 'd think a stock ride height car would be fine.