View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a request for SD455 owners out there who have (as far as they know) the original starter for their car. What is the part number and the date code on your 1108436 starter?

As you may know I just had my 19,000 mile Formula in the Vintage Certification judging and I received a zero point score for the starter because it had a date code of "1B11" which would be February 1971, more than two years before the car. None of the prior owners ever replaced the starter. At the time of the judging I had no idea that the starter date was that far away from he car build date, otherwise I would have checked on that issue beforehand.

I asked Frank.G to check his starter on his unrestored survivor SD T/A and low and behold his original starter has the same exact date as mine! 1B11. His car was shipped 20 days before mine (6/29/73 versus 7/19/71)

Please crawl under your cars when you get a chance (this gives you an excuse to get away from all the annoying relatives in your house for Thanksgiving right now) .

Here's a photo of my starter and Frank.G's starter.