View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, I put a blanket down on the fender and pull the A/C compressor out of the way and leave the compressor strapped high to the fender. We have lost about half of the refrigerant on old A/C lines by the time we got the engine back in, but better than starting from scratch opening the system. After new hoses were installed we never lost any pressure moving the compressor out of the way.

We always remove the RA manifolds. It's possible to not remove them but makes the R&R much harder than what little is saved by working around them in place. Very first removal I ever did back in the 80's I cleaned the flapper valve off the right side original H.O. manifold trying to keep them on the engine.

If we don't have any work to do on the trans, we'll leave the automatic in place with the converter pushed back into the case. Engine will come forward after clearing the front engine mounts to clear the bellhousing as long as exhaust manifolds are off the engine. If we are sending the trans out then it comes out with the engine. Just have to have the car an extra 12" off the ground so the trans tail-shaft doesn't hit the ground.