View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM

hi Keith,
enjoyed the story very much and the photos are great. There’s just something more exciting about a photo of a vehicle in motion, I understand the photographer was static for these shots, I especially like it when photo taken from another moving vehicle. Makes me realize that when I flip thru the current issues of the mainstream automotive magazines the photos just don’t appeal to me, it seems they look almost fake, like they’re using too much Photoshop or something after the fact, instead of putting the effort and creativity into the actual taking of the original photo. Maybe automotive photography is a dying art form?

Your challenges with motion sickness made me laugh (sorry, if you can’t laugh at the minor misery of others, what can you laugh at) which I certainly also suffered as a child, many a gravol before long car rides. We have a highway (and I think that’s being generous with the word) in south western BC called “the duffy” - http://ftwcanada.blogspot.ca/2010/01...lake-road.html - about 100 miles of elevation changes, switch backs and great scenery, took my son and friend on it once in the Bonneville and they were sick and won’t do it again.

Your comment re long lead press preview makes me curious. There is a particular Pontiac long lead preview that I’m very interested in due to introduction of redesigned Bonneville, which was summer of 1991 at Big Sky Montana. I recently came across an old magazine article which mentions that GMC held its 1991 long lead preview at Big Sky as well, presumably at the same time as Pontiac to share costs and leverage media presence. Were you or anyone you know at Big Sky for the model year 1992 previews?

Random thought, have you ever been responsible for suspension engineering on any of the truck platforms, if so would your issue with motion sickness have any conscious or sub-conscious influence, probably for the better, on any engineering choices you made?