View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The no show of a 041 cam recommendation in a 400 or 428 motor in that chart was due to having a street friendly limit of only 10 to 1 compression or under.

This chart is some 30 years old so the gas then could accommodate a 10 to 1 compression with iron heads.

The lash needed with a solid roller or solid flat tappet eats up some duration so to speak , so yes a tad more duration can be used, but you would want to stay close to having the same overlap numbers in dealing with only 3.23 gears I would have to say.

Also since your friend is willing to live with the sound of solid lifters then running Rhoads lifters would be another way to go while getting around is 3.23 rear gear issue with a Cam that’s on the too large side!

I have never had problems with breaking in Rhoads lifters and I bet if you do a search here or else where you will not find problems have been had by others either!

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!

Last edited by steve25; 06-13-2021 at 02:57 PM.