View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Would very strongly suggest they check and make sure the Crower lifters have the 66260H lifter and not a 66260 that does not have the pin oiling. Exactly what Steve C was referencing. Street car really needs that pin oiling so the needles get lubricated at idle for extended periods. That is what kill the bearings on the street, guys get by with the non pin lube set ups if they are very careful how long they let the engine idle and keep the engine speeded up so the engine throw’s some oil up at the lifters.

The Crower lifters are going to take longer pushrods than stock. We’ve have ran smaller solid rollers with stock pressed steel rockers though in lower lift applications.

There are solid cam and hybrid cam options for what they are wanting to do. If they have the pin oiling lifers already the cost won’t be that excessive. They don’t exactly give away the cool face lifters or the Rhoads with the super lubed either. But the billet cam core for the roller cam is 300-400 more than a flat tappet.

Bullet racing cams has a HR profile that would work as a hybrid deal with the stock RA3 springs. IRC it is 285/291 228/234 with a .278” lift lobe. I would still put new spring on it though, and pick a cam with more lift (closer to .5” at the valve). to help justify the expense.

Bullet has quite a few different grinds that do well as tight lash solids. I can think of some examples that would work from compcams too. I would much rather deal with Bullet.

I agree with though on the solid flat tappet with the face oiling, overall I think that is tougher than most roller set ups.

Last edited by Jay S; 06-13-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Edit