View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I understand your dilemma. I am looking for a new to me work truck right now. Prices are stupid high. I only hope I can get a good price when I go to sell my current truck!

You already know what the deal is with anything pickup related. Anything that I would consider dependable enough to tow a car for hours to a meet will be hitting close to 20k. People are listing 01-06 era vehicles, Well IF you can find one with low miles that would be considered dependable you will still be paying 15k+. The guys with these think they are gold. Then theres 15k or so for a 20 yr old truck!!

I was looking for a second work truck a couple of years ago and like now used pickup prices were stupid. I ended up with a 2005 Expedition with right at 100k miles for around $4500. A comparible F150 was in the $15k range. Now with about 180k miles Exp. is still running great. It has the smaller engine and I would not tow a car with it, but you can get a later model suv for much less than the same truck.

If you want the work of swapping in a new motor buy my fx4 F150. Great truck, body is in excellent condition but with almost 300k miles the motor is a bit tired now. I can make you a great deal! LOL.