View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BOB, THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED!!!!!

I have been extremely busy at work, but I finally got my conversion installed.

I spent a lot of time fabricating brackets, getting things aligned properly, etc, but it seems to work GREAT!

Bob sent me a wiring diagram for the module and based upon the diagram, this is how I wired mine.

Black wire to ground.

The Yellow wire and Brown wire connect together and then connect to +12V with headlights on.

2 Orange wires - each gets a seperate 15 Amp fuse and then connects to full time +12V
(or to ignition or accessory circuit if you only want it to work with key)

Right HL Motor wires are Gray and Dark Green

Left HL Motor wires are Gray/Black and Dark Green/White

This wiring works on my system which is from a 91 Firebird and I would GUESS that the wiring is the same on all Firebirds from 87 through 92.

The headlight doors go up or down very fast, probably about a second, maybe less.

Bob said he is using PVC pipe as a bushing for the "linkage" that goes between the motor and the headlight door. I did not have PVC pipe available, but had some 1/2" PEX Pipe laying around so I used it. I slit it down the side and was able to slide it over the "linkage" (it is much more pliable than PVC) then held it in place with some cable ties. So far the PEX seems to be working well, but IT only has few cycles on it so I don't know how durable it is.