View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich View Post
I got the car started and runs really strong upon start up but after it warms up, it refuses to restart. I've got the sniper system with an MSD dist. and Blaster coil all on a bit pumped up 455. It gives a tiny "wanna" start while first cranking but then nothing. I can hear the fuel pump run for 5 seconds when I turn on the key and the gauge reads 60 lbs of pressure at the intake of the Sniper. I've tried advancing the dist 10 degrees both ways while cranking. Still nothing. After a couple hours, she starts up fine again. I'm baffled and have to admit, I know absolutely nothing about the electronical readings on the Sniper computer screen. I'm about ready to take it to a tune shop but there isn't one close enough to me to drive to. I've got around 150 miles on it so far. Suggestions?
Where are you getting your power for the sniper, and coil from? Also, do you have electric fans that would be running when it's hot and trying to restart the engine?

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs