View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 01:54 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
Crux of the issue right there. I can tolerate quite a bit in my street car as far as manners are concerned, but for me the definition comes down to maintenance and ease of use.

A street car for me would be the ability to run on readily available pump fuels, no need to constantly adjust valves, put fuel and oil in it as needed, can be driven in stop and go traffic and on the highway without overheating.

Radical idles can be dealt with from a brakes standpoint with either manual brakes or hydraboost.
All true points.

The Detroit Street Racers, Danny Scott, etc used to say they had "Street Cars" which is one reason why the NMCA guys had the Super Street Guys
many years ago drive a 30 mile circuit, prior to racing.

So a "trip around the block" is not an example of a TRUE STREET driven "street machine".

At least Chief had video of his car being driven on the road in Oklahome but not the same as Mr Guidos 65 GTO. 1000 miles plus before racing.

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post: