View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I'm at the same point ... Looking for something that has a good mix of insulation properties and sound deadening ... I'm sure technology has come a long ways in that regard in the last 50 years. Can't decide between the super dense type stuff, or the lighter stuff that insulates better.

In general I lean towards better insulation, the car is stock so not a lot of exhaust noise, and it has AC so I'd rather live with a little more noise, less heat if there is an option.
I really like the Frost King stuff for value and function. The Liard Skin is tempting. But they have two coatings for insulation or sound deadening. Not that I'd ever be tearing the flooring out. But I'm not wild about the permanence of the spray coating. who knows what crazy $h!t I might want to do in the future. I think I will try some in the heater box though.

I'm still going down the rabbit hole on my car right now. Goes something like this so far, 1) 455 block cracked 2) Convert to LS engine 3) Might as well rewire the car 4) Might as well patch firewall holes and repaint dash 5) Might as well remove all of the nasty factory insulation from the floor and firewall.....LOL!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post: