View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
And who currently builds GM medium duty trucks (4 and 5 series)? Not GM, Navistar/IH builds them for GM. They're built right here in Springfield Ohio.

I wonder if they have improved their steel prep? GM has been the rust winner for years up here in the rust belt. My Guess is GM still isn't going to spend the extra money involved to prevent rust, but its pretty bad. Not seeing the 2015-2019 body style rusting out yet, but seeing they are hitting that magical 6 year mark, I am sure its coming. Up here, most Chevy & GMC trucks loose their rockers & box sides before they are 10 years old. I have owned them & see them on the roads. Toyota has such a better body from a corrosion perspective Wasn't that way years ago, but somewhere along the line toyota changed something that makes them hold out better. Yes, I know about the Toyota truck frame issue, But toyota did offer replacements for these vehicles.

Hard to pay 70K for todays chevrolet knowing its likely going to be rusting out in 6-10 years. They have been this way for decades. nothing changes. I know Ford & Dodge have the same issues, But Toyota is doing something different where they are not rusting like they did in the 80's & 90's

you never see a rusting 2007+ Tundra. 14 years old now & many of them still look great.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA