View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 389 View Post
4 Sorry but the relined drums are pretty much for show cars and not drivers who want to drive spiritually
I'd have to disagree with this. I had my front drums relined years ago by Roger Rheil and they were fine. I probably drove them over 30 thousand miles. Not absolutely perfect but they never bothered me enough to worry me.

When the Arrowhead reproductions came out, I bought a pair of new front drums but I was very disappointed in them in that neither drum had wheel studs fitted and I had to have my old ones pressed out and the liner in one drum was not perfect to the point I had to get them both machined out (from memory) 100thou so effectively they were brand new drums which had been machined to the absolute wear limit. In the meantime I had sold my Roger Rheil drums so I was down the creek so to speak.

Reading in this forum, it appears that both the companies doing relining in the US seem to be doing a great job. Lots of happy owners.

When I can afford it, I'll probably send my drums back to the US AGAIN and hopefully get them back on the car. If you think getting your drums relined in the US is expensive, think about how I have to ship them back to the US and pay to have them returned to Australia. It hurts.......

JMHO

Ian